Monday, November 8, 2010

Lips Poppin

A major beauty trend this season is a bare face (just concealer, light blush, a hint of bronzer) with dramatic red or dark plum lips and heavy mascara.  For Spring, the trend is similar, but with seriously bright pink and orange lips. I am totally digging this doll face look! 



{photos c/o style.com}

I am obsessed with makeup and love experimenting with different colors and techniques.  Here are some beauty products that I currently use and swear by based on performance.  I highly recommend all of them! 



1.  MAC blush in Dollymix - I just purchased this last weekend and am in love with the instant just pinched cheeks look it gives off.

2.  Benefit Stay Don't Stray concealer/primer - I have been searching for a good concealer for quite some time now.  This one is the perfect color for my skin tone.  It brightens up my face and also makes my eyeshadow and eyeliner stay put all day!

3.  Sephora concealer brush - this little tool is the key to making your concealer look flawless and even.

4.  Stila Illuminating tinted moisturizer - this moisturizer gives you an instant glow.  It seriously will make you look alive. Sometimes if I am in a hurry I will just apply this, two swipes of blush and it instantly makes you look alive.

5.  Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Nefertitti - wearing this on your pointers is like wearing jewelry.  It is truly an accessory.

6.  Dior Show mascara - best mascara on the market.  It will stretch your lashes for days.

7.  NARS lipstick in Heat Wave - gorgeous bright orangey/red hue.  So Sexy and best worn with minimal makeup.

8.  Stila eyeshadow in Kitten - I have been wearing this shade since high school.  It is a heavy shimmer and is the most perfect pinky nude shadow on the market - in my opinion :)


XOXO,

Sorellina

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your favorites! Some of these have already turned in to my faves too! I love the Kitten shadow and I just bought the Stay by Benefit.

    xo,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kitten!! I have worn it forever too!!!! I even put it on my lips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love posts like this! They're my fav:)

    ReplyDelete