Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Reinventing Classic American Style


A couple of weeks ago JPG and I stopped in our favorite little lunch spot in Atlanta (Star Provisions) for a quick bite.  The line was ridiculously long so as my patient husband waited, I decided to go stop in a new boutique that had recently opened next door.  Wow, was I pleasantly surprised to find what I had!

Ann Mashburn's eponymous shop has a simple yet elegant name, with an intriguing story behind it. After a bit of research, I discovered that Ann, the once assistant fashion editor at Vogue, decided that their other store (Sid Mashburn), needed a female version.  Stylish men in Atlanta have been flocking to Sid Mashburn for years to snatch up quality tailored duds and the store has been very successful.  It was Ann's daughters FIVE daughters, yes that's right - FIVE! that pushed her to open the lovely boutique. 

The store offers brands like, Pretty Ballerinas (which I have featured before here), classic striped tops and scarves from Saint James, a nice selection of fun coffee table books, and delicious nail hues from Butter London. Everything in the store has a very collective feel.  You can tell that Ann has an editors eye based on how the store is merchandised and she did such a great job of interpreting what is classic American style today for the modern woman.  I read that Ann is about personal style more than fashion itself. She was quoted here saying “It’s not about beauty; it’s about confidence and style. I want people to feel good about how they look, help them create their own style.” (Ann Mashburn) 

Side note:  I found out that they can work with Pretty Ballerinas to produce custom styles!  Say you love a style they carry, but want it in a different color or fabrication - they can make it happen!  Just note that there is a three month lead time...its worth it to me!

 
{Love these coral hued chairs outside the dressing room}
{Crazy about this inspiration board decorating the store walls}

{The shoe wall...enough said}

{Nautical stripes}

If you live in Atlanta, or are planning a visit soon, you must go visit this little gem!



XOXO,

Sorellina

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! I had read something recently about this shop, but did not know where it was. Can't wait to stop in.

    I have enjoyed reading your blog!

    Lori (from Lavish)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Marsh is too close to our home and I find myself wandering in there often. While I'm plus-sized and can't fit anything but shoes, accessories and bags (it's OK...shopkeepers are embracing those of us 14+ slowly but surely), I can't keep out of there. Love, Love, Love.

    ReplyDelete