Friday, September 2, 2011

It's The Little Things

fresh zinnias from the farmers market

gold dragées 
A dragée (pronounced /dræˈʒeɪ/ dra-zhay) (from Greek tragêmata "sweets, treats" through French) is a form of confectionery that can be used for decorative or symbolic purposes in addition to consumption -Wikipedia

origami birds
It doesn't take much to make me smile.  Last weekend I went to grab a cup of coffee and make a quick stop at the farmers market to pick up some fresh veggies and meat for dinner, but came home with much more.  First I stopped at my favorite little coffee shop and discovered metallic covered dragées.  They are so beautiful that they hardly look edible, but they are! 

Next I picked up the most exquisite and unique flowers from a local vendor which I used as a center piece for dinner later that night.  I displayed them in all different little vases on a platter.  It was very thrown together, but I think that's why it worked so well.

Lastly, on our way out of the market, my eyes shot over to a table filled withe little origami birds.  Two adorable little boys were making and selling them for $2 each!  I couldn't help but buy a couple - they and the boys were too precious! Currently, they are residing on a favorite coffee table book and my mantle. 

Have a very stylish weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, where did you get the little vases and the purple bowl? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete