Monday, April 11, 2011

Top Summer Reads



It's hard to admit it to people, but I am what you would call a "bad reader".  I buy a book, read a few chapters and then loose interest waaay too quickly.  I don't know if its due to my horrible attention span, or that I am just choosing the wrong books.  Regardless, I feel it's time for me to be better at reading every night for an hour or so instead of watching TV.  Recently my sister sent me a list of books that are her top summer must reads.  I'm going to pick up a couple of these and give them a whirl!

1.  Kate Middleton: Princess In Waiting - with all the buzz over the Royal Wedding, I want to get to know the princess-to-be better.
2.  Undecorate: The No-Rules Approach to Interior Design - Founder and creative director for Dwell Studio teaches you how to go against the traditional rules of decorating and instead incorporate your own personality into your projects.  This is perfect for me to read NOW since we just bought a home!
3.  Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother - Author and mother of two, Amy Chua, shares her experiences in mothering her two children in a very unconventional way.  Lots of controversy over this book.  I saw her on the today show a couple of times and am super curious about whats inside the book!
4.  Bossypants - Tina Fey shares stories and experiences in her personal and professional life - supposedly hilarious!.  This has to be a good one, the woman is genius!
5.  Anthropology of an American Girl: A Novel - a fiction novel about a young artist in the 70's.  Described as - disturbing and passionate.  From publishers Weekly: "If publishers could figure out a way to turn crack into a book, it'd read a lot like this".


Have you read any of these?  Any other recommendations?




No comments:

Post a Comment